Today is Take Tanner Tuesday
The Texas Rangers have declared today as #TakeTanner Tuesday to help pitcher Tanner Scheppers’ campaign for election to the 2013 American League All-Star Team.
Scheppers is one of five pitchers in contention for the 34th and final spot on the American League team for the Tuesday, July 16 All-Star Game at New York’s Citi Field. That All-Star is being selected in on-line fan balloting in the 2013 All-Star Game MLB.com Final Vote sponsored by freecreditscore.com (#FinalVote) on texasrangers.com and mlb.com. Voting concludes on Thursday, July 11 at 3:00 p.m. CDT.
In addition to the web, fans can use their mobile phones to cast votes via the mobile web at MLB.com/vote or via text message. To receive the All-Star Game MLB.com Final Vote Sponsored by freecreditscore.com mobile ballot, text the word “VOTE” to 89269. To vote for Scheppers, simply text A4 to 89269. Standard message and data rates may apply. Mobile voting in Canada also is available and fans should text A4 to 101010 to vote for Scheppers.
Today, Rangers fans are asked to post videos for the #TakeTanner campaign. The fan posting the best video will win four tickets to a future Rangers game and a visit to the home television and radio broadcast booths during that game.
The Rangers will also be promoting Tanner Power Hours throughout the day on Tuesday. Fans can tweet @Rangers screenshots of them texting A4 to 89269 during select hours today to be entered to win a number of great prizes. Voting is unlimited.
By voting and selecting Tanner Scheppers as their 2013 Final Vote choice, all fans will be entered into the Texas Rangers Vote #TakeTanner All-Star Game Final Vote Sweepstakes for the chance to win one of five fantastic prizes. Fans will be automatically registered for the sweepstakes each of the first 25 times they vote for Scheppers in the 2013 All-Star Game MLB.com Final Vote sponsored by freecreditscore.com at texasrangers.com. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF TIMES THAT FANS MAY VOTE IN THE ALL-STAR GAME FINAL VOTE. However, fans will be registered to win for the sweepstakes just the first 25 times they vote for Scheppers. All rules for the sweepstakes can be found on texasrangers.com.
The Rangers All-Star Sweepstakes prizes are:
– Two Innings with Nolan Ryan – Winner and a guest have the opportunity to sit with Nolan Ryan in his home plate seats, during a mutually agreeable game, for 2 innings. Prize includes two tickets to the game.
– Boomstick Ride Around – Winner and one guest will have the opportunity to ride in the Boomstick around the warning track prior to a mutually agreeable game, plus two tickets to the game.
– Photo Opportunity In Washington’s Seat + Batting Practice – Winner and one guest will receive game tickets and will have the opportunity to visit the Rangers dugout before the game and take a photo from Manager Ron Washington’s bench. After the photo, you’ll watch the visiting team take BP from the area behind home plate.
– Sit with the Voice of Rangers Ballpark, Chuck Morgan, for an inning – One winner will visit the in-park PA room, run the ribbon panels for half an inning, & visit with Chuck Morgan, voice of Rangers Ballpark, for half an inning for a mutually agreeable game. Prize includes tickets for winner and three (3) guests.
– Ozarka Race Finish Line Holder – Get the chance to hold the finish line on the field during the Ozarka Texas Legends Race or Dot Race (one (1) winner.) Opportunity will include tickets for winner and one (1) guest, and winner’s name to be announced and shown on the main video board.
For the second consecutive year, the All-Star Game MLB.com Final Vote will include a social balloting element as Twitter support from the 10 candidates’ fans over the last six hours of balloting will count toward their final vote totals. From 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (CDT) on Thursday, July 11, any tweet that includes #TakeTanner will be tabulated as part of the official vote total used to determine the American League and National League winners.
Scheppers is 5-1 with a 1.88 ERA in 42 appearances for the Rangers in 2013. He is tied for second in the American League in relief wins, is tied for fourth with 17 holds, and has the eighth lowest relief ERA. He is seeking his first All-Star appearance.