Monday Morning Manager…The Interleague Imbalance
The Rangers took five of six from the Astros. The Angels won two of three against the Dodgers in Los Angeles and have three games against them next weekend in Anaheim. They have the Giants while the Rangers are in San Diego.
Roy Oswalt, two runs in six innings against Oklahoma City last night. Justin Grimm, three runs in six innings against the Astros on Saturday night. Derek Holland and Neftali Feliz still on the disabled list.
Josh Hamilton is back tonight against the Padres. Probably. The Rangers have won six straight with catcher Yorvit Torrealba behind the plate and their pitchers ERA was 2.00, including two shutouts: Athletics, Giants, two games against the D-backs and two against the Astros.
Didn’t they used to be the Diamondbacks?
Surging left-hander Matt Harrison pitches tonight for the Rangers less than two weeks to go before the All-Star teams are announced. Craig Gentry is hitting .349.
The American League is 96-72 against the National League so far this season in Interleague Play. The last time the NL had a winning record in IL was in 2003. They only win in the All-Star Game and the World Series.
1. Who do you think should pitch on Friday against the Rockies…Justin Grimm or Roy Oswalt?
2. If only one Rangers starter makes the All-Star team, who should it be? Matt Harrison, Yu Darvish or Colby Lewis?
3. Should the Rangers trying to be trading for bullpen help again?
4. What’s your take on the Rangers catching situation right now?
5. Should Craig Gentry be playing every day?