The Morning Nine from Surprise
We are off and running in Spring Training…
1. The biggest issue in Rangers camp is not whether they can recover from the World Series loss to the Cardinals. That’s secondary to a much bigger issue.
The Rangers have 11 players from their World Series roster who can become free agents within the next two. They are pitchers Colby Lewis, Scott Feldman, Mark Lowe and Mike Adams, catchers Yorvit Torrealba and Mike Napoli, infielders Michael Young and Ian Kinsler and outfielders David Murphy, Nelson Cruz and Josh Hamilton.
2. How much is dinner with Michael Young, Ian Kinsler and their wives go for these days? How about $10,000? That’s what one couple paid for in an auction. The proceeds went to www.carsonlesliefoundation.com.
3. Yu Darvish is expected to arrive in Arizona on Monday night. Members of the Japanese media have been waiting three days.
4. Craig Gentry arrived in camp on Sunday.
5. Ten-day forecast for Surprise: all sunshine, highs expected from 69-80 degrees. No rain in sight.
6. Julio Borbon turns 26 on Monday.
7. One Las Vegas line has the Rangers 8-1 to win the World Series. The Tigers are 4-1.
8. Headed to Surprise? Grand Avenue from the 101 Loop into Surprise is now construction-free. That makes it easier to stop at Humberto’s for the best burritos in the Valley.
9. Graffiti at the Sage and Sand: What’s the difference between outlaws and in-laws. Outlaws are wanted.