Monday Morning Manager…Maldives Independence Day
Big day for the Maldives…
You know the Maldives. That’s the island country in the middle of the Indian Ocean that’s about five feet above the ocean. Lowest country in the world.
So while they are dancing in the streets of Male with the oce
an lapping at their feet, the Rangers are sitting seven games ahead of the Angels in the American League West.
But here come the Oakland Athletics and they are still in this thing too. Of course they lost Ben Sheets to an elbow injury while the Angels were getting Dan Haren and the Rangers were getting Cliff Lee.
The Athletics are looking for a new stadium as well while the Rangers are still looking for new owners. Apparently Mark Cuban is still in this thing. He was at the Ballpark in Arlington last week, possibly kicking the tires and looking under the hood.
Has to like what he sees but Chuck Greenberg was still in the front row for Sunday’s game, a few seats down from Nolan Ryan and George W. Bush.
Bush received a sustained standing ovation when he was introduced during the middle of the second inning. Nary a boo in the mix.
Rangers fans are certainly giddy these days.
1. Jorge Cantu, Ty Wigginton or sit tight with Joaquin Arias?
2. Is Dan Haren going to change things in the American League West this year.
3. Scott Feldman, Rich Harden or Derek Holland?
4. Any concerns about Vladimir Guerrero’s baserunning or his current slump?
5. Are the Rangers going to run away from the division?
Happy Maldives Day!!!