Rangers ownership…no verdict yet
Here is what we know about the sale of the Rangers on Friday night…
* There is no resolution yet between Rangers owner Tom Hicks and Pittsburgh attorney Chuck Greenberg.
* Lawyers for both sides continue to work deep into the night.
* Even though the famous 30-day period of exclusivity passed one week ago, all signs point to Hicks continuing to deal exclusively with Greenberg’s group.
* They apparently keep running into snags that keep them from reaching an agreement. There is still absolutely no indication that this is not going to get done. But they have been negotiating in earnest for three weeks and a deal is still quite not there.
* The Rangers may not be able to afford Ben Sheets or John Lackey but somebody is paying lawyers a lot of money.
* The Diet of Worms lasted three months.