Monday Morning Manager…Sunday Bloody Sunday
Had the day off on Sunday. It went something like this…
* Morning Mass at local Catholic Church.
* Drove to Fox Sports Grill to watch San Francisco 49ers play Minnesota
* Calculated the possibilities for the Rangers. If Angels lose and Rangers win, four games back. If both win or both lose, five back. If Angels win and Rangers lose, six back. Four possible outcomes. One really bad.
* 49ers lose Frank Gore and can’t move ball.
* 49ers block field goal and miraculously lead 14-13 at halftime. Day is looking up
* 49ers lead 24-20 late in game. Vikings fans looking despondent. Tell them: “I wish we had Brett Farve.”
* Said quarterback throws game-winning touchdown with two seconds left. Hometown team loses. Pay bill and leave.
* Turn car radio to Rangers game. Rangers leading 5-0 in the sixth and Brandon McCarthy appears to be cruising.
* Take Toby for a walk.
* Check Rangers score… 5-3 in the eighth.
* Take Helen to Memphis Red Hot & Blue. Stop at Barnes & Noble on the way home.
* Check Rangers score. They lose, 7-6.
* Take annoying dog for second walk. Don Meredith is singing inside my head…
1. Do you think the Rangers bullpen ran out of gas in the end?
2. What’s your take on Julio Borbon’s future with the Rangers?
3. Should Michael Young and/or Josh Hamilton play again this season?
4. Was Sunday the worst loss of the season for the Rangers?
5. Would you consider the four-game series with the Angels as meaningful games?