What we know about the possible sale of the Rangers
Regarding the Rangers sale…
* Former agent Dennis Gilbert, who now works for the White Sox, has apparently formed a group of heavy hitters to bid on the Rangers.
* Gilbert is not considered a serious contender, according to sources.
* There are between 4-6 groups who have expressed serious interest.
* There have been rumors that Sandy Alderson, former GM of the Athletics and president of the Padres, is getting a group together.
* Nolan Ryan apparently is not in the bidding.
* The process could go into next season.
* Tom Hicks still wants to be involved and it appears he is trying to find a way to keep at least a part of the team.
* Major League Basebal is hoping the sale price will be over $500 million although there are still several moving parts including the ballclub, the Balpark lease and the property around the Ballpark.
* George Bush is not interested in getting involved.