Monday Morning Manager…now playing first base:
Chris Davis is on his way to Triple A Oklahoma, where he will be teammates with Justin Smoak. May be the ultimate: let the best man win…
Do you know that a Boston Red Sox owner once thought about moving Tris Speaker to first base. This guy was the ultimate center fielder, the guy who owns the all-time record for most unassisted double plays by an outfielder.
American League president Ban Johnson wouldn’t hear of it. Johnson made the Red Sox owner sell half his team and a Johnson crony was put in charge. Speaker stayed in center. The old owner, John Taylor, used his money to build Fenway Park.
He and his father built it with their own money. They owned the Boston Globe and could afford it. Plus they owned plenty of land around Fenway Park so it was a profitable venture for the Fenwy Real Estate Company.
That’s right. Fenway Park is actually a corporate name.
Sorry, we were talking about the Rangers. Or supposed to be…
1. Was it time to send Chris Davis to Triple A?
2. What’s your take on Hank Blalock playing first base?
3. Did Kevin Millwood get cheated in the All-Star selection process?
4. Should Josh Hamilton go to the All-Star Game?
5. What’s your take on the Rangers rotation. Dustin Nippert in for good? Who should be out and what about Vicente Padilla?
By the way…in case anybody cares or even remembers….in descending order: Bozeman Trail, Concord Bridge, Sunken Lane at Antietam, Sutter’s Mill, Jet Propulsion Laboratory.