Monday Morning Manager…The Streak
The Rangers are halfway there. They have a seven-game winning streak and the club record is 14, set in 1991. That was when they had the most prolific offense in the league.
During that winning streak the Rangers:
* Hit .348 and averaged 8.1 runs per game. They hit .341 with runners in scoring position.
* The staff ERA was 3.41 including a 4.00 ERA by the starters.
* They had a team fielding percentage of .983.
During this seven-game winning streak the Rangers are:
* Hitting .272 and averaging 5.9 runs per game. They are hitting .217 with runners in scoring position.
* They have a 2.63 ERA, including, including a 2.37 ERA by their starters.
* They have a .996 fielding percentage.
1. Are you convinced that the Rangers have a better team than the Angels?
2. What do you think about the number of innings that the Rangers starters are pitching?
3. Wht do you think John Lackey’s problem was on Saturday?
4. Is the Rangers-Astros interleague rivalry a big deal?
5. Is it too early to get excited about how the Rangers are playing?