Monday Morning Manager…the strangest week ever
Let’s review since we last met….
* The Rangers sign Eddie Guardado.
* Ben Sheets needs surgery, scuttling a two-year deal with the Rangers.
* Jason Jennings re-signs with the Rangers.
* Alex Rodriguez reportedly tested positive for steroids and suddenly the national spotlight is thrust back on the 2003 Rangers, a team that most would prefer to forget.
* The Rangers sign Brendan Donnelly.
* The Rangers – with no announcement, no fanfare, no nothing – sign Andruw Jones. One day Jones is unemployed, the next day he is the No. 2 CF on the Rangers depth chart. Oh well.
Shrug. Let’s just say that Bill Nance, proprietor of the Elysian Fields Bar & Grill, is two thumbs down on the last one. But you’re right, nobody asked him….
1. What is your reaction to the Alex Rodriguez news and do you believe that he was doing something wrong.
2. How big of a setback is that for the Rangers to lose Sheets after he agreed to a two-year deal?
3. What is your take on the signing of Andruw Jones?
4. Do you expect Jones to be the Rangers Opening Day center fielder. Yes or no.
5. Is the Rangers bullpen better off this week with the additions of Guardado and Donnelly.