Monday Morning Manager…A Few Good Men
Those of us who hang around the Elysian Fields Bar & Grill are drinking a toast to Jerry Narron, who was fired as the Cincinnati Reds manager on Sunday.
Look, if you’ve hung around the Rangers for 20 years you know there aren’t two finer people in this game than Narron and Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky and you were hoping that their partnership would be successful.
There’s no doubt the decision caused Krivsky much pain. I’ve talked to him enough to know how much he respects Jerry Narron. Anybody that has been around Narron for any length of time has great respect for him. He wanted it badly.
He was Johnny Oates’ closest friend in the game and that’s all you needed to know.
Every single night I monitor that scoreboard watching closely how the Reds are doing. And the Milwaukee Brewers. It was tough having them in the same division.
You have to respect the tough decision that Krivsky made but it doesn’t make it any easier. This game can be tough to take. On to the weekly questions…
1. Anybody have any thoughts on that?
2. Did they make the right choice as to who would be the Rangers All-Star?
3. Do you keep Robinson Tejeda in the rotation?
4. Has Marlon Byrd shown enough to convince you he’s an integral part of the Rangers future?
5. Are we seeing the real Rangers now or a mid-summer mirage.