Monday Morning Manager…Did Phil see his shadow?
"February made me shiver…with each paper I’d deliver…bad news on the doorstep…"
The worst month of the year is officially upon us. Yes, pitchers and catchers report in less than two weeks but February is still the most boring sports month of the year, even with Kevin Durant.
That is, unless you love the Pro Bowl although that and the Pro Football Hall of Fame announcement reminds most of us how much better baseball is in so many ways.
So let’s chill out with the last of the off-season questions and think fondly on Julius Cesar, who at least had the foresight to give February just 28 days. He probably thought the Pro Bowl was a real snoozer too.
1. So what is your impression of manager Ron "Take no Prisoners" Washington so far?
2. Juan Gonzalez is talking comeback in the Caribbean. Do you think the once great Rangers outfielder has anything left?
3. Do you think Joaquin Arias has a future in center field or do you think the Rangers should leave him at shortstop?
4. ESPN Classic wants to show an evening of great Rangers games from the past. Which game do you want to see? Or at least TiVo?
5. Commissioner Selig calls you and wants your suggests on how to make the game better. What do you tell Bud?